Get cracking and create some egg-stra special animal art!
What You Need
- sturdy cardboard
- egg carton
- craft glue
- paint and markers
- googly eyes (optional)
What You Do
- For the animal’s head, cut out one pointed cone from the inside of an egg carton. (See diagram.) Trim the bottom of the cone evenly.
- Paint a face on the cone and let it dry. Draw eyes with markers or glue on googly eyes.
- Cut a piece of cardboard that measures about 5 inches by 7 inches.
- Glue the head to the piece of cardboard, as shown. Once the glue has dried, paint the animal’s body on the cardboard.
- Cut ear shapes from the lid of the egg carton. Paint the ears and glue them in place.
- Paint a border along the edges of the cardboard to look like a picture frame.
- Tape a loop of string to the back of the cardboard. Hang your artwork where you can admire it!
TIP: You can also use the egg-carton cups to create animals with shorter snouts!