JELL-O® is a fun finger food and a great teaching tool, too!
What You Need
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 6-ounce package of JELL-O®
- 2 ½ cups cold water
What You Do
- Make JELL-O®
- Combine unflavored gelatin and 1 cup cold water until dissolved and set aside.
- Bring to a boil 1 cup of water and add the Jell-O. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add the unflavored gelatin mixture. While stirring, add 1/2-cup cold water.
- Refrigerate JELL-O®
Pour into a lightly greased baking pan and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until solid.
- Cut Out Shapes
Use a knife or cookie cutters to create an array of shapes.
- Talk About Shapes, Colors, and Numbers
- Shapes: Cut the JELL-O® into various shapes you are trying to help your child learn. These can be shapes such as squares and circles or even animal shapes depending on your creative talents or stock of cookie cutters.
- Colors: Use different flavored/colored JELL-O® to help reinforce color knowledge.
- Numbers: Let your child count the cut out JELL-O® shapes and/or use a knife to cut out the different numbers that your child is learning to recognize.