Surprise your cat with these purr-fectly spooktacular snacks for Halloween!
by Michele Reyzer
cat photo by Mark Taylor/NPL/Minden Pictures; photos of treats and toys by Mark Godfrey
What You Need
- 5-oz can of tuna in water (undrained)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead the dough into a ball. Then spread it out with a rolling pin until the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. (If it’s too sticky, you can add more flour.)
- Use small cookie cutters to create fun bite-sized shapes.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper for about 20 minutes. (Ask an adult for help.)
- Let treats cool completely before serving to your cat.
- Store these treats in the refrigerator for up to a week to keep them from spoiling.
TIP: If your cat doesn’t like the taste of tuna, you can use chicken instead.