Use leaves from your backyard and your own hand to make this festive Thanksgiving craft.
What You Need
- Colorful leaves (If your leaves are too curly or bumpy to work with, put them under a heavy book to flatten them.)
What You Do
- Trace Hand
- Trace your child’s hand onto a sheet of paper.
- Draw Turkey
- Draw an eye and a beak where the thumb is.
- Draw legs where the heel of the hand is.
- Glue on Leaves
- Give the turkey a colorful tail by gluing long, thin leaves to where the fingers are.
- Glue on a short, round leaf to the middle of the hand for the turkey’s wing. Let the glue dry before you hang it up or share it with a friend.