Use cranberries or other red berries to make a red cardinal sculpture.
What You Need
- Baby carrots or carrot sticks
- Bag of cranberries
- Small white paper cup
- Nuts in shells (pecans, walnuts)
- A handful of sunflower seeds
What You Do
- Draw a cardinal shape on the ground.
Either draw it with a stick or a string, in the snow or on dirt.
If you are drawing in the snow, try to avoid stepping near the outline. It looks nice if there are no foot or hand prints around.
- Fill in the body with cranberries.
But leave a space by the beak and the eye.
- Fill in the beak with baby carrots.
It’s cool if they all point toward the tip of the beak.
And fill in the space above the beak with the black sunflower seeds.
- Make legs and feet from the nuts.
Then put the small white cup by the eye, filled with sunflower seeds.
This craft was designed by Robin Walker.