Here’s a cool way to start your day!
by Michele Reyzer; photo by Mark Godfrey
What You Need
- pancakes (two large and one small)
- melted chocolate (For a healthy option, use chocolate yogurt instead.)
- American cheese
- raisin or chocolate chip
- vanilla yogurt
- shredded coconut
- hard-boiled egg
What You Do
- For the body, place a large pancake in the center of your plate. For the head, add the small pancake above it.
- Cut two wing shapes and an oval-shaped belly from the remaining pancake. Arrange on the plate, as shown.
- Spread chocolate on the penguin’s head, wings, and body. Cover the oval belly with vanilla yogurt.
- Cut a triangle bill and two feet from the cheese. Place the shapes on the penguin, as shown. “Glue” a raisin or chocolate chip eye on the penguin’s head with vanilla yogurt. Sprinkle coconut “snow” on the plate.
- Place the egg between the penguin’s feet.