Make a family of snowy owls that won’t fly away when you take them out to play.
What You Need
- yellow and white construction paper
- cotton balls
- googly eyes
- large pine cone and small pine cones
- poly-fil stuffing
What You Do
- Poke Cotton Balls Into Pine Cone
- Use a toothpick to put little tabs of glue between the scales on a large pine cone.
- Stretch out cotton balls. Then use a toothpick to poke the cotton balls into the pine cone.
- Add Wings
Cut two wings out of the white construction paper. Glue a little bit of stretched cotton on each wing. Glue the wings to the pine cone.
- Add Eyes and Beak
- Glue two googly eyes to the yellow construction paper. Cut out circles around the eyes and glue them onto the pine cone.
- Break off a pine cone scale and glue it between the eyes to make the owl’s beak.
- Make Owl Chicks
Follow the same instructions to make Mom except use small pine cones and poly-fil stuffing instead of cotton balls.