These yummy sugar cookies will brighten up a rainy day.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup flour
- Food coloring
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
What You Do
- Make Dough
Put the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the flour. Beat with the mixer for several minutes until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide Dough and Add Food Coloring
- Divide the dough into 7 pieces. Put each piece in a separate bowl. Add several drops of food coloring to each bowl. Make each piece of dough a different color: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo (dark blue) and violet.
- Work the color into each piece of dough with your hands. Then, roll the dough into a ball. Wash your hands before working on a different color.
- Combine Dough Balls
Now press all the dough balls together. Roll them into a log. The log should be about 8 inches long. Chill the log in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bake Dough
Slice the log into pieces. Each slice should be about 1/4 inch thick. Put the slices on a cookie sheet and bake them for 10 minutes at 350°.