Your child will dive into snack time when these cookies are on the menu!
What You Need
- cookie dough
- 10 chocolate chips, chopped into tiny pieces
What You Do
- Make the Dough.
• 1 cup butter, softened
• ½ cup sugar
• 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• green food coloring1. Mix butter and sugar.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Color dough with food coloring.
- Shape the dough.
Shape dough into 1″ balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Create a shell pattern.
Use a fork dipped in flour to flatten the balls in a crisscross pattern for the turtles’ shells.
- Create the legs and heads.
Shape dough into pea-sized balls. Attach five of these to each “shell” to make the legs and heads.
- Bake the cookies.
Bake for about 7–8 minutes in a 400° F oven.
- Add eyes.
While still warm, push chocolate pieces into the turtles for eyes.Makes two-to-three dozen sea turtles. Enjoy!
Craft by Katie Greuel