Create a wintry scene inside a jar.
What You Need
- Glue gun and glue sticks or other waterproof glue
- 1 small jar with watertight lid (remove labels and wash well)
- 1 small plastic animal (small enough to fit inside jar)
- Pieces of plastic greenery from a wreath or garland (small enough to fit inside jar)
What You Do
- Glue Animal and Greenery
- Plug in the glue gun and load a glue stick. You can also use waterproof glue, but you may have to wait several hours for the glue to dry and become waterproof.
- On the inside of the jar lid, help your child glue the plastic animal and some plastic greenery in place, centering everything as much as possible. Let dry. Then put the lid on the jar and tighten to make sure everything fits inside and the lid seals. Remove the lid.
- Add Glitter
Pour a small amount of glitter into the jar. About one-eighth teaspoon of glitter is enough for a small, baby food jar. Too much glitter clumps up and doesn’t work well.
- Add Water
- Fill the jar about two-thirds full with water. Carefully put the lid on the jar, fitting everything inside. Before screwing on the lid, fill the jar completely with water. Tighten the lid.
- Wipe any water off the outside of the jar. Shake gently to create a swirling snow scene.