Snack time is a hoot with this owl snack made from hard-boiled eggs.
What You Need
- 1 slice white American cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cooled
- 1 plastic knife
- Frozen peas and carrots (a few)
What You Do
- Cut Egg
- Take the better-looking egg and carefully slice about 1/2″ off the bottom (the fatter part of egg) so it will stand on a flat surface.
- Cut the remaining egg in half, widthwise, and remove the egg yolk. You will use the fatter half of the egg white as the head of your owl.
- Add Wings
- Cut two triangular wings out of the cheese slice.
- Wedge the wings under the owl’s head. (The pointy side of each wing should be facing the back of the owl.)
- Complete Owl’s Face
- Push the head onto the whole egg (the body). Be careful not to break the cheese in pieces.
- Cut small slots in the head for the eyes and nose. Insert the peas and carrots in the slots to complete the face.