Cut pumpkin shapes out of tortillas and bake them for a crunchy Halloween treat.
What You Need
- 1 package of soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- chili powder (optional)
- pastry brush or paintbrush
- pumpkin-shaped cookie cutters (available at many craft stores)
- small bowl
- cookie sheet
- red and yellow food coloring
What To Do
- Use the cookie cutters to cut out pumpkin shapes from the tortillas.
- Pour the oil into a small bowl. Then add 2 drops of red food coloring and 5 drops of yellow. Wait a few minutes and then stir to blend coloring with oil.
- Dip the brush in the oil and then “paint” both sides of each cut-out until it’s well coated.
- Place the chips on an ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. (For spicy chips, sprinkle on some chili powder.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crispy. (Ask an adult to help.)
Recipe by Michele Reyzer