- “Which animal does not have eyelids?”
- “What is something orangutan babies do when they play?”
- “How frequently do shrews eat?”
- “Do caterpillars have two, eight or twelve eyes?”
- After reading page 12, ask “What shapes are on Ricky’s papers?”
“Where do you think the friends will find the different shapes?”
- On page 13, ask your child to count the circles on the flowers.
Then ask “Do you think they will find other shapes in nature?”
- After reading the story, encourage your child find different shapes around your home.
Reading Ranger Rick Jr. aloud with your child is an enjoyable way to learn.
Mike Wilson, Founder
Prekindergarten Reading Encouragement Project
PREP – Helping childhood literacy one family at a time.