Official Rules for Ranger Rick’s “YOUR BEST SHOTS” Contest
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Ranger Rick’s Your Best Shots Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is a recurring photo contest. Entrants must complete all data requested on the entry form. Incomplete entries are void. All entries become the property of National Wildlife Federation (“NWF”) and cannot be returned. NWF assumes no responsibility for late, misdirected, or illegible entries.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Photo Contest is open to children who are 13 years of age or younger as of the beginning date of the Photo Contest and who have entered with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Photos must be the original art of the entrant. Violators will be eliminated from the competition. Employees of NWF, their subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies of NWF, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings’ and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. This Photo Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
- JUDGING: Winner(s) will be selected based on merit by NWF photo editors from all eligible entries received. All judging will be conducted at NWF’s offices, located at 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20910. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winners will be notified via email, U.S. mail, or telephone.
- PRIZES: Every month winners will be selected by the judges and posted on our contest home page slide show as recent contest winners. Recent contest winners will be in the running for Ranger Rick’s Your Best Shots Magazine Award. Magazine Award winners will be selected three times each year for publication in RANGER RICK magazine’s December-January, April, and August issues. Your Best Shots Magazine Award winners will receive a certificate of recognition and five (5) copies of the magazine displaying their winning photo. Winners who do not reside in the United States will receive a digital certificate of recognition and a pdf of the “Your Best Shots” spread in the magazine that displays their winning photo.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) days following notification. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of any entrant to comply with any Official Rules will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Winners grant NWF the right to use and publish their photograph, legal name and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Photo Contest. Except winners who are residents of the State of Tennessee, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for NWF and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winners’ names and likenesses for editorials, advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless NWF, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Photo Contest or any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Photo Contest related activity, or participation in the Photo Contest.
As a condition of participating in this Photo Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between and the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Photo Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Fairfax, Virginia, which court shall apply the laws of the state of Virginia without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Photo Contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PHOTO CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NWF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: NWF is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Photo Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Photo Contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. NWF assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.NWF is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer onlinesystems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Photo Contest. If, for any reason, the Photo Contest is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of NWF which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Photo Contest, NWF reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Photo Contest.IN NO EVENT WILL NWF, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE www.nwf.org OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- LIST OF WINNERS: For a list of winners, after the ending date for each entry period, mail a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Ranger Rick Photo Contest Winners
11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Vermont residents may omit return postage.