Official Rules for the February 2017 “Who Am I?” Contest
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE OR INTERNET ACCESS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The “Who Am I?” Contest (“contest”) begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time on January 15, 2017, and ends 11:59 pm Eastern Time on February 28, 2017 (“entry period.”) There is one way to enter: by standard-size (3” x 5”) postcard. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete entries are void.
To enter the contest, print on the postcard your name, address, city, state and Zip Code and the name of the animal you think is shown on page 39 of the February 2017 issue of Ranger Rick magazine, and then mail it to:
Who Am I?
Ranger Rick Magazine
11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190-5362
Entries must be postmarked by 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Limit one entry per person. All entries become the property of National Wildlife Federation and will not be acknowledged or returned. National Wildlife Federation assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of National Wildlife Federation, its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies of National Wildlife Federation, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. This contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
3. JUDGING: Winners will be selected by random drawing on or about March 10, 2017 from among all eligible entries received. All prize drawings will be conducted at National Wildlife Federation’s offices, located at 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190-5362. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person, family, or household. Winners will be notified by their names appearing in the August 2017 issue of Ranger Rick magazine.
4. PRIZES: There will be ten (10) winners selected and ten (10) prizes granted. Each winner will receive one prize package that includes one (1) plush Ranger Rick toy. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. National Wildlife Federation reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) days following notification. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of any entrant to comply with any Official Rules will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Winners grant National Wildlife Federation the right to use and publish their legal name and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By entering, participants release and hold harmless National Wildlife Federation, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Contest related activity, or participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between and the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Fairfax, Virginia, which court shall apply the laws of the state of Virginia without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: National Wildlife Federation is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. National Wildlife Federation assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. National Wildlife Federation is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of National Wildlife Federation which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, National Wildlife Federation reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
7. LIST OF WINNERS: For a list of winners, after March 10, 2017, mail a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to: National Wildlife Federation “Who Am I?” Contest Winners, 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190-5362. Vermont residents may omit return postage.