On the ProwlBy
Tigers are meat eaters. That means they have to hunt to survive.
Can you remember these 6 things that help make tigers such good hunters?
- Tigers’ big, strong bodies are built for hunting.
- Big eyes and good eyesight help tigers hunt at night, when most of their “food” is awake!
- Long tails help tigers “steer” when they are in mid-leap!
- Tigers’ large, pointed canines grab and hold meat, while their sharp rear teeth cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Stripes allow tigers to stay hidden in leaves and branches … until they are ready to pounce!
- Tigers’ paws are padded so they can hunt quietly—and big so they can grab onto prey.