Water and ice are the best toys to have in the summertime! Here are four games to play on a hot day.
What You Need
- Plastic bucket
- Ice cubes
- Spray bottle
What You Do
- Play Games with Ice Cubes
- Fill a bucket with some water and lots of ice cubes. Take turns removing cubes from the bucket using only your feet.
- Have a contest to see who can melt an ice cube between his or her hands first.
- Play “Hide-and-Go-Squirt”
Play “Hide-and-Go-Squirt.” The person who is “It” gives the others a count of 30 to hide. Then “It” grabs the spray bottle and starts hunting. Anyone who gets found gets squired!
- Play with a Water Balloon
Make a water balloon and then prick it with a pin. Play catch with your balloon, getting soaked as it slowly loses water. (Note: Make sure you pick up the used balloons after playing. They can be dangerous to young children and wildlife.)