Make chocolate creepy crawlies that no one will think are icky.
What You Need
- One 9-ounce box of chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- Black shoestring licorice
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
What You Do
- Make Dough
Break up the wafers into very fine crumbs and put them in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cocoa and confectioner’s sugar with a whisk. Add the corn syrup and raspberry jam.
Use your hands to mix everything together until your dough is smooth.
- Make Dough Balls
On a sheet of waxed paper, make 24 1-inch balls (bug bodies) and 24 ½-inch balls (bug heads) out of the dough. Stick the heads and bodies together.
- Add Licorice Legs
For legs, cut the licorice into short pieces and press them into the sides of the bugs.