Say “I love you” with a Valentine’s Day pizza.
What You need
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- Corn meal
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pizza pan or cookie sheet
- Can of pizza sauce
- Rolling pin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeas
What You Do
- Make Pizza Dough
- Dissolve the honey in the warm water and gently stir in yeast. (Let stand for five minutes, until foam forms across the top of the water.)
- Mix flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix well.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and springy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for one hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down and divide the dough into pieces for individual pizzas.
- Roll Out Dough
Roll a fourth of the dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- Shape Dough Into Heart
Put cornmeal on your pan so the pizza doesn’t stick. Put flat pizza dough on the pan. Shape into a heart shape. Crimp edges.
- Add Sauce, Cheese, and Pepperoni
Spread pizza sauce on top of the dough. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese. Cut pepperoni into heart shapes and place on pizza.
- Bake Pizza
Bake in 500°F oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.Makes four individual heart-shaped pizzas.