Say “I love you” with a Valentine’s Day pizza.
What You need
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni (optional)
- pizza pan or cookie sheet
- rolling pin
- plastic wrap
What You Do
- Make Pizza Dough
- Dissolve the honey in the warm water and gently stir in yeast. (Let stand for five minutes, until foam forms across the top of the water.)
- Mix flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix well.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and springy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for one hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down and divide the dough into pieces for individual pizzas.
- Roll Out Dough
Roll a fourth of the dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- Shape Dough Into Heart
Put cornmeal on your pan so the pizza doesn’t stick. Put flat pizza dough on the pan. Shape into a heart shape. Crimp edges.
- Add Toppings
Spread pizza sauce on top of the dough. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese. If you want to add pepperoni, cut it into heart shapes and place on pizza.
- Bake Pizza
Bake in 500°F oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Makes four individual heart-shaped pizzas.