This chipmunk will gobble up anything you can throw in its mouth!
What You Need
- Regular sized white, pink and green construction paper
- Large sheet of brown construction paper
- Black marker
What You Do
- Roll Brown Paper Into Cone
Roll the brown paper into a conical shape to get an idea of where to cut the mouth. It should start about 3 inches down from the top. Cut a mouth for the chipmunk.
- Cut Out Belly and Eyes
Cut out a white rainbow shape for the belly and two white egg shapes for the eyes. Color in the eyes with the black marker. Glue on the eyes and belly.
- Add Ears
Cut out two brown ears and two smaller pink pieces to fit inside the ears. Glue these on.
- Add Nose and Whiskers
Cut out a small pink triangular nose and two strips of white paper for the whiskers. Glue these on and then glue or tape the chipmunk together in a cone shape. (Or you can glue the cone together before adding the body parts.)
- Add a Base to Your Chipmunk
Cut little tabs (about ½ inch) on the bottom of the chipmunk. Fold these over and tape down onto the green construction paper.
- Play the Game
Now it’s time to play. Have your child sit in front of the chipmunk and try to throw cereal into his mouth like a carnival game.
- Note: If the cereal is too small for your child, try using ping-pong balls. Put a few pairs of socks into the chipmunk first so the balls don’t bounce too much.