Done rakin’? Then start makin’! Use autumn leaves to create animal portraits.
WHAT YOU NEED
- newly fallen leaves of different colors, shapes, and sizes
- construction paper
- heavy books
WHAT YOU DO
- Gather some leaves and put them between layers of newspapers. Pile heavy books on top.
- In a day or two, the leaves will be flat and dry. Arrange the leaves on construction paper. Think about different animals and try to create their shapes.
- Tear off leaf pieces to make eyes and other small features.
- When you are happy with a leafy creature, glue the leaves onto the paper. Use just a little glue on the back of each leaf.
- You can also fold a piece of paper in half to make a note card. Then glue a leaf critter to the card and send a message to a friend!