If it’s snowing, head outside and make some snow ice cream!
What You Need
- clean snow
- vanilla extract
- milk or cream
- toppings such as berries, jam, chocolate sauce or maple syrup (optional)
What You Do
- Put your bowl in the snow to keep it cold.
- Scoop some fresh, clean snow into the bowl.
- Add a little sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some very cold milk or cream. Stir everything together. Do a taste test to see if you need to add more of something to get the thickness or flavor just right.
- Add a topping or two if you want to dress up your snow ice cream.
- Enjoy the ice cream at a snowy winter picnic!
By Kate Hofmann; art by Brian White