Use tissue paper and plastic to make a sun catcher that will brighten up your window.
What You Need
- small dish (for mixing glue)
- brown marker
- paint brush
- luna moth pattern
- green, brown, and white pipe cleaners
- piece of clear plastic (such as lid from a “carry-out” container)
- tissue paper (two shades of green)
What You Do
- Download and Print the Pattern
Download and print the luna moth pattern.
- Cut Out Wings
Use the pattern to cut the plastic into the shape of the luna moth’s wings.
- Glue Light Green Tissue Paper on Wings
- Cut the light green tissue paper so that it covers the plastic shape.
- In the small dish, mix two parts glue with one part water. Then brush the mixture over the tissue paper. Set aside to dry.
- Cut Pear Shapes Out of Darker Green Tissue Paper
Cut two pear shapes out of the darker green tissue paper. Make a small hole in each and then place them on the moth’s wings. Paint over them with the glue mixture. Set aside to dry.
- Make Moth’s Antennae
Glue a brown pipe cleaner around the top edges of the moth. Use the white pipe cleaner to make the moth’s antennae and the green pipe cleaner to make its tails. Glue the antennae and tails onto the moth.
- Add Eye Spots
Use the brown marker to make the moth’s eye spots.