What You Need
- suet or lard
- natural peanut butter
- yellow cornmeal
- bird seed
- pine cone, pans, or molds
- string or ribbon
What You Do
- With an adult’s help, melt 1 pound (2 cups) of suet or lard with 1 cup of peanut butter in a pot on low heat.
- Stir in 2 cups of cornmeal. If you like, you can also stir in some bird seed.
- When the mixture has cooled down, you can use it to stuff into pine cones to hang up. Or spread it into pans or molds and let harden overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pop out the shapes and hang them outside.