You can make one of these cheery springtime pins, a perfect gift for Mother’s Day—or any day!
by Michele Reyzer; photos by Mark Godfrey
What You Need
- colorful fabric
- Tacky Glue®
- pin back
- thread, ribbon (optional)
What You Do
- Glue a piece of colorful fabric to a sheet of paper with Tacky Glue®. After the glue has dried, cut out flower petal shapes. You can create your own shapes or use one of our examples as a guide.
- Cut out a 1 1/2-inch square from some lightweight cardboard, such as a cereal box.
- Glue the flower petals on top of the square, with the fabric side facing up.
- If you want, glue on bits of thread, ribbon, or other decorations to the front center of the flower. Then glue on a button or two, as shown.
- After the glue has dried, give more shape to the petals by creasing each one down the middle.
- Glue a pinback—available in craft stores—to the back of the square (see photo below).