Your child can pretend to be a hummingbird or butterfly sipping nectar with this simple recycling craft.
What You Need
- Cereal box
- Markers or crayons
- Modge Podge, a clear non-toxic sealant
- Paint brush
- Straw or water bottle with a straw attachment
What You Do
- Before the kids are around, prepare cut out flower shapes from a cereal box.
The flower needs to be about four inches across.
Then punch a hole in the middle of the flower that is the same size as your child’s straw.
- Encourage the kids to decorate the flowers any way they’d like.
They can use markers, crayons, paint or any other art supplies.
- Paint the flowers with a sealant to keep the art from running.
Modge Podge looks like white glue but dries clear.
- Enjoy your sipper!
It makes the drink even more fun!
This is a good activity as part of the Bird Picnic.