Record your observations of your outdoor time in a homemade nature notebook.
What You Need
- Hole punch
- Ranger Rick Nature Notebook pages (optional)
- Sit-upon (something waterproof to sit on, like a pillow in a plastic bag)
- Twist ties
What You Do
- Gather the pages for your Nature Notebook.
You can use scrap paper, or print our Ranger Rick Nature Notebook pages.
Ranger Rick Nature Notebook Writing Page
Ranger Rick Nature Notebook Drawing Page
Punch holes in the paper with a hole punch.
- Cut a piece of cardboard just a bit larger than your paper.
Punch corresponding holes along the edge of the cardboard.
Line up the paper and cardboard holes. Then put in a twist-tie to hold the paper on the cardboard.
Now you have a Nature Notebook with a hard back that you can take outside.
- Find a nice spot in nature where you would like to sit quietly and observe.
It helps if you sit for at least 30 minutes and look all around. Find something you want to write about or draw.