Craft by Donna Miller; Art by Danielle Jones
Look at the nutty birds you can make from the leftover shells of your next bag of peanuts! Here’s how:
What You Need
- google eyes
- modeling clay
- paint (optional)
- whole peanut shells
- ballpoint pen
- pipe cleaner
What You Do
- Choose a whole peanut to make a bird’s body.
- For wings and for a big head and bill, glue split shells to the body.
- For legs and for a small bill, cut up pieces of pipe cleaner. Punch holes in the shells with a ballpoint pen. Stick the pipe cleaners through the holes and glue them in place.
- Pack modeling clay inside the feet of long-legged birds to help them stand up.
- Glue on google eyes and small feathers for a tail, if you can find some at a craft store. You can also decorate your birds with paint, if you wish.