by Michele Reyzer; photo by Mark Godfrey
What You Need
- clear, empty glass or plastic jars with lids
- craft paint
- creepy labels
- items to fill jars (See suggestions below.)
What You Do
- Gather a collection of clear, empty glass or plastic jars with lids. Remove all product labels from the jars.
- Fill the jars. You can create your own petrifying potions or copy our ideas.
- Paint the jar lids different colors.
- Glue on new labels. Design your own or print the labels shown here.
Crocodile Brains = painted walnuts
Fish Eyes = small rubber balls
Bat Bones = cotton swabs
Bullfrog Blood = water dyed with red food coloring
Werewolf Fur = brown craft pom-poms
Rat Intestines = cooked spaghetti
Bone Dust = salt or sugar
Venom = water dyed with yellow food coloring