Don’t toss out your old mittens—bring them back to life with these friendly faces of the forest!
by Michele Reyzer; photos by Mark Godfrey
WHAT YOU NEED
- animal patterns
- fabric glue (available at craft stores)
- fishing line or plastic craft twine
WHAT YOU DO
- Download the animal patterns.
- Use the patterns to cut out shapes from felt.
- Arrange the felt shapes onto a mitten, as shown, and glue in place. For the raccoon, red fox, and rabbit designs, cut six equal-length strands of fishing line or twine. Glue each of these “whisker” pieces in place before gluing down the nose.
- Glue on button eyes. Once the glue dries, your mittens are ready to wear.
Create extra pairs for your friends and family—they’ll make great gifts for the holidays!