A potato chip can and a paper towel tube become a telescope you can use to keep your eye on wildlife.
What You Need
- Construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- Empty paper towel tube
- Empty potato chip can with plastic lid
- 12 inches of ½-inch wide ribbon
What You Do
- Ask an adult to cut the bottom off the potato chip can and an “X” shape in the plastic lid.
- Wrap the chip can and paper towel tube with construction paper. Tape to hold in place.
- Decorate both tubes with markers or crayons.
- Glue a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the chip can and the top of the paper towel tube.
- Carefully slide the paper towel tube through the “X” shape in the plastic lid.