Use pasta shells to make a crab that you can eat.
What You Need
- Large meatball, prepared and cooked to your preference
- Black olive
- Jumbo pasta shell
- Pasta sauce
What You Do
- Cook Pasta
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Cool the pasta enough to handle.
- Place Meatball Inside Pasta Shell
Carefully place a meatball inside the shell. Arrange the shell so that the opening is on the side. You may want to stabilize it with a layer of greens.
- Slice and Add Carrots for Crab’s Legs
- Wash and peel a medium-large carrot. Slicing diagonally, cut a few slices from the middle of the carrot. Save the unused portions for another meal.
- Cut a small triangle out of the end of one of the slices. Repeat with a second slice. These will be the crab’s front pincer legs.
- Trim the remaining slices to make four thin legs. Arrange the six legs around the meatball as shown in the photo.
- Add Olives for Eyes
To make eyes, cut two small pieces from an olive and arrange them on the meatball. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce.