WHAT YOU NEED
- 3/4 cup birdseed
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- bits of dried fruit
- 1/4 cup lard
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- pine cones
- string or wire
- sunflower seeds
WHAT YOU DO
- Attach wire or string to the top of a pine cone to make a hanger.
- Melt the lard and peanut butter together. Then stir in the birdseed and cornmeal. Let cool.
- Spread the winter bird mix between the scales of the pine cone.
- Decorate the pine cone with bits of dried fruit and sunflower seeds.
- Chill the pine cone in the refrigerator to harden.