This Halloween, turn a pumpkin into a festive jack-o’-plantern!
What You Need
- pen or marker
- pumpkin carving tool or knife
- potting soil
- mosses, grasses, or any other plants
What You Do
- Cut open the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the “guts.”
- Draw a face on the pumpkin, then carve out the shapes. (Ask an adult for help.)
- Fill the pumpkin with soil.
- Arrange the plants in the pumpkin. Place some in the mouth, nose, and/or eyes. Put tall grass in the top of the pumpkin to create “hair.”
- Enjoy your gourd-geous creation!