You’ll never lose your place with these easy-to-make clay mice bookmarks.
by Margaret King
What You Need
- cookie sheet
- leather string
- paper towels
- polymer clay
What You Do
- Cut a piece of leather string about 10 inches long. Tie a knot at one end.
- Mold a lump of clay around the knotted end of the string. Shape the clay into the form of a mouse’s body, as shown.
- Add clay ears, eyes, and nose. Press them down firmly to the mouse’s body so they won’t fall off. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Dampen a few sheets of paper towels. Wrap them around the leather string (the mouse’s tail) to keep it from burning.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake at 250°F for 6 minutes. (Ask an adult for help.) Re-wet the paper towels and bake for another 6 to 9 minutes, or until the clay has hardened.
- Once the clay has cooled completely, remove the paper towels.