Put on a play in the dark with these easy-to-make animal shadow puppets.
What You Need
- Construction paper
- Wooden craft sticks
- Hole punch
- Shadow puppet patterns
- Tape or glue
What You Do
- Download, Print, and Cut Out Patterns
- Download and print the animal shadow puppet patterns.
- Cut out animal shapes out of construction. You can cut out your own shapes or use the patterns.
- Decorate and Assemble Puppets
- Use a hole punch to give the animals eyes or decorate them.
- Glue or tape the animal shapes onto craft sticks.
- Put on a Show
Darken a room. Shine a flashlight against a plain white wall. Hold the puppets in front of the light so that they cast shadows on the wall. Act out your story with the shadows.