Make your own spooky spider candy for Halloween using marshmallows, frosting, and licorice.
What You Need
- Large marshmallows
- Tub of chocolate or vanilla frosting
- Package of black or chocolate licorice whips or sticks (for the legs)
- Candies (for the eyes)
- Red and yellow food coloring (optional)
- Scissors or knife
What You Do
- Prepare Frosting
With an adult’s help, melt the frosting in the microwave. For an orange spider, use vanilla frosting and add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring once it’s melted. For a dark spider, use chocolate frosting.
- Assemble Spider
- Use the melted frosting to “glue” two marshmallows together.
- For the spider’s legs, cut the licorice into eight pieces, each about three inches long. Push four pieces into each side of the marshmallow body.
- Decorate Spider
Spoon the melted frosting over the spider until it’s completely covered. While the frosting is still warm, pour the sprinkles over the spider. Press in two small candies for eyes.