Here’s a great card to make that says both “Happy Spring” and “Happy Mother’s Day.”
What You Need
- Construction paper (blue & other colors)
- Markers or crayons, including green ones
- 2 popsicle sticks
What You Do
- Fold Paper
Fold a standard 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of construction paper in half. Blue paper works best because it looks like a jeans pocket.
- Cut Out Rectangle
On another sheet of blue construction paper, help your child to measure a 4″ x 5″ rectangle. Cut out the rectangle. Have your child draw a pocket design on one side of the rectangle.
- Glue Rectangle Onto Card
On the other side of rectangle, carefully squeeze a line of glue along three edges. (Note that the glue should go on both 4″ sides and one 5″ side.) Glue the rectangle onto the card with the open side up so that it makes a pocket.
- Add Flowers
- Have your child draw flowers on the other colors of construction paper. Help him/her to cut the flowers out.
- Color the popsicle sticks green.
- Glue the flowers to the ends of the popsicle sticks. Put the flowers in the pocket, and write a special note inside the card.