Make this wildebeest puppet and check out its dance moves.
What You Need
- 2 pieces of brown card stock (9” x 12”)
- Hole punch
- Wildebeest puppet pattern
What You Do
- Download and Print the Pattern
Download and print the wildebeest puppet pattern.
- Cut Out Pattern
Using the pattern, cut out the gnu’s body, legs, and ear from brown card stock.
- Draw Face
Draw the wildebeest’s face with crayons.
- Cut Holes
Use the hole punch to cut out the hoes for the legs, tail, and beard as shown on the pattern.
- Attach Legs, Tail, Beard, and Ear
- Attach the four legs with the thread.
- Tie several pieces of yarn together and thread them through the hole to make a tail. Then thread yarn through the holes on the neck to make the wildebeest’s beard.
- Glue on the wildebeest’s ear.
- Make a Handle
Cut a 7” x 12” strip of brown card stock. Fold about 2” down and tape on the back of the gnu to make a handle for your puppet.