These spiky hedgehog biscuits are almost too cute to eat!
What You Need
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 1 (¼ oz.) package of active dry yeast
What You Do
- Make Dough
In a large bowl, stir together both kinds of flour, yeast and salt. Add oil, honey and warm water. Mix until you have a stiff dough.
- Divide Dough and Put on Baking Sheet
- Put the dough on a floured table and knead. Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Shape each piece of dough into an oval with a pointed end. Put them on a greased baking sheet.
- Snip Dough Balls
Wash a pair of safety scissors in hot, soapy water. Use the scissors to make snips all over the dough balls. The raised points will look like spines on a hedgehog. Push raisins into the dough for eyes and nose.
- Let Dough Stand
Cover the whole baking sheet with plastic wrap. Let it stand in a warm place for 30 minutes. The dough balls will double in size!
- Bake Biscuits
Remove the plastic wrap. Brush the dough with beaten egg. Bake at 450° F for 15–20 minutes.