Make your own Olympics on the lawn with a series of simple but fun outdoor activities.
What You Need
- Drinks and snacks (maybe frozen treats?)
- Duct tape
- Golf Ball
- Golf putter
- Metal lids, one per person, for medals
- Ping Pong Paddle and Ball
- Plastic Cones
- Plastic container
- Ribbon – approximately 2 feet per person – for making medals
- Soccer Ball
- Table or raised deck
- T-Ball Stand
- Tennis ball
- Water bottles, filled with water colored by food coloring
What You Do
- Create a circuit around the outdoor area with several stations
At each station, place a piece of sporting equipment. Leave enough room between each station for safe play.
- Pick an action for each station, keeping in mind the age and abilities of your guests
For example, kick soccer ball around a cone.
- Or how many times can you dribble a ball?
- Make a mini-golf hole from a recycled plastic container
Cut out the side of a plastic container and now you can play mini-golf!
- How many times can you keep the ping pong ball in the air?
- How many pebbles can you toss into a chalk circle?
- How far can you hit a softball?
- How many bottles of water can you knock down with a tennis ball?
See how cool it looks when you put food coloring in the water?
- When the obstacle course is done, hand out homemade medals
Make medals by attached metal jar lids to ribbon with some duct tape.