Make an adorable hatching baby chick from pom-poms and recycled egg carton cups to celebrate spring!
What You Need
- Orange construction paper (tiny piece)
- Craft paint, egg shell color of your choice
- Two cardboard egg-carton cups
- Yellow feathers (available at craft stores)
- 2 googly eyes
- Newspaper, to protect your works pace
- Two yellow pom-poms, about the size of a golf ball
What You Do
- Make egg shell
Cut zigzag edges around the egg-carton cups to look like cracked eggshell halves.
Paint the inside and outside of the cups.
- Glue the pom-poms together
- Make the beak
For the beak, cut a diamond shape from orange construction paper. Fold it in half and glue onto a pom-pom, as shown.
- Add eyes and wings
Glue on wiggle eyes and feather wings.
- Add the eggs
Put the chick in one of the cups. Set the other cup to the side.Craft by Michele Reyzer. Originally appeared in the April 2011 issue of Ranger Rick magazine.