Done raking? Use the leaves for picture-making! Here’s how.
What You Need
- Construction paper
- Newly fallen leaves of different colors, shapes, and sizes
- Rocks or heavy books, such as telephone books
What You Do
- Gather leaves.
If you want super-flat leaves, you can press them between heavy books for a day or so. But you can proceed with this activity even if you have not pressed leaves. Lay out your leaves and start putting them together in various portraits of animals.
- Once you have a planned design, glue down the leaves.
- You can use leaf stems for whiskers.
Snip them off with scissors.
- Hold down whiskers by making a nose with a small leaf.
- Press down your portrait with rocks or heavy books until the glue dries.
- You can make any animals you want.
It’s all up to your imagination!
Craft originally written by Robin Walker