Recycle your plastic bottles and turn them into bowling pins!
What You Need
- six clear plastic bottles
- white acrylic craft paint
- red ribbon or duct tape (available in craft stores)
What You Do
- Remove all labels from the bottles.
- Squirt some white paint and a few drops of water inside each bottle. Put the caps on and shake the bottles until they’re completely coated with paint. (You may need to add more paint.)
- Pour out the leftover paint and let the bottles dry overnight.
- Cut two strips of red ribbon or duct tape for each bottle and attach to the necks, as shown.
TIPS: If your bottles are lightweight and keep tipping over, drop a few coins or pebbles inside to weigh them down.
To make your own ball, crumple a sheet of aluminum foil into a ball. Wrap it repeatedly with colorful rubber bands.
Want to see other “toys from trash” you can make? Check out our article “From Trash 2 Toys” from the December-January 2014 issue of Ranger Rick magazine.