Roar like a lion when you wear this easy-to-make paper plate mask.
What You Need
- Orange, black, and pink craft foam
- 2 tablespoons of white craft glue diluted with water
- Black and orange markers or crayons
- Paint brush
- Heavyweight paper plate
- 2 black pipe cleaners
- Orange curling ribbon
- Wooden ruler or “paint stick”
- Sheet of orange tissue paper cut into 2″ squares
What You Do
- Glue Tissue Paper onto Plate
Paint the bottom of the paper plate with the glue mixture. Cover the glue-covered plate with the pieces of orange tissue paper. Paint a little more glue on top of the tissue paper. Set aside to dry.
- Make Eyes, Mouth, Nose, Ears, and Tongue
- Cut out holes for eyes.
- Draw the lion’s mouth on with markers.
- Cut the lion’s nose, ears, and tongue out of craft foam. Glue the pieces onto the face.
- Add Whiskers
Punch two holes on each side of the mouth and nose. Thread the pipe cleaners through the holes to make whiskers.
- Make Lion’s Mane
Cut pieces of curling ribbon and staple them along the edge of the plate to make the lion’s mane.
- Attach Ruler
Tape the back of the mask to the ruler or paint stick.