Recipe by Michele Reyzer; Photo by Mark Godfrey
Do you love bugs? Then you’ll have lots of fun making—and eating—this tasty treat!
What You Need
- snow peas
- green bell pepper
What You Do
- Place a large snow pea pod in the center of your plate.
- For the legs, tuck two smaller pea pods underneath.
- Cut off both ends of another pod and place these pieces below each leg, as shown.
- To create spiky spines, snip small notches in the legs with scissors.
- Add a triangle-shaped green pepper head.
- Cut two eye circles and two antenna strips from another pea pod, then arrange them as shown.
- Set two peas on the eye circles.
- Place lettuce around the mantis.
- To create the sun, use a round carrot slice and shredded carrots.
“Bug Bites” originally appeared in the June/July 2017 issue of Ranger Rick magazine.