Not sure what to wear on Earth Day? How about a T-shirt with a planet-loving slogan printed in mud?
What You Need
- blank T-shirt (white or light color)
- old newspapers
- 4-5 handfuls of dirt
- sticks and leaves (optional)
What You Do
- Place several layers of newspapers inside the shirt to keep the mud from soaking through to the back of the shirt.
- In a bowl, mix the dirt with water to make mud that is about as thick as paint.
- Think up an Earth Day slogan you would like to have on your T-shirt. (Examples: I Dig the Earth; Earth Day, Every Day; Dirt Shirt for the Earth.) Dip a stick or your finger in the mud and write your slogan on the shirt.
- You can also coat items such as leaves and sticks with mud and use them to make prints on the shirt.
- Let your artwork dry. Shake off any caked-on mud before proudly wearing your dirt shirt. The design will fade in the wash. But you can reapply!