Decorate some squirrels and use them for spontaneous outdoor scavenger hunts.
What You Need
- Cardboard, thin like from cereal boxes
- Clear contact paper (optional)
- Crayons, markers or pencil crayons
- Hole punch
- Yarn or string
What You Do
- Print out some line drawings of squirrels.
Color them any way you want – they don’t all have to look realistic. Make a rainbow squirrel, or a green squirrel.
- Cut out the squirrels.
Glue them to cardboard. You can “laminate” your squirrels by sandwiching them between two pieces of clear contact paper. This is optional, but it makes the game last much longer. Punch a hole in the top of each squirrel craft. Attach a string to each one, approximately one foot long.
- Choose a place where you’d like to have your squirrel seek game.
A playground with trees, or your backyard would work great. It needs to have boundaries though so your seekers don’t wander too far.
Take turns being the person who hides the squirrels in that location.
- Look for the squirrels.
Keep track of how many squirrels you hid, so people know when they are done.